Allergic to summer – how to fight hay fever
Hay fever or seasonal allergic rhinitis is an allergic reaction to pollen. Earlier in the move was the term “hay fever”. This name we owe to the British physician John Bostock, who in 1819 made the first official message about this disease and linked it with hay.
Later it became clear that the cause of the development of seasonal allergies is pollen verrassend plants. Small particles of pollen can easily penetrate into the respiratory tract, causing the body to react. Contrary to popular belief, poplar fluff does not cause allergies – it’s too big, the fetus and not the pollen of poplar. Pooh is posted during the flowering of many grass plants, the pollen of which is the allergen. But as poplar fluff easy to spot, he is considered the culprit seasonal rhinitis in may-June.
An Allergy is a reaction of the immune system to normally harmless substances. After contact with the allergen in the body starts a chain of biochemical reactions – immune system rushes to fight the enemy, resulting in cells released from histamine, which causes the appearance of symptoms.
How to recognize pollinosis
If in the case of food allergies to understand the cause of the illness is quite simple, the hay fever is much more insidious – it is often confused with the flu. Its usual symptoms are sneezing, runny nose, irritation and itching in the nose, throat, clear the inflammation and redness of the eyes, which sometimes becomes conjunctivitis, sometimes difficulty breathing, skin rash.
Many people realize that suffer from allergies, after a few years, when you notice that the symptoms appear at the same time of year. To confirm his suspicions, it is best to seek the advice of an allergist. Determine which allergen specifically has a reaction, use of Allergy tests. Suspected allergens are injected through a scratch or prick. If after twenty minutes on the skin around the prick any redness or swelling – positive reaction. This procedure is affordable and safe, however, to allegory in the period of exacerbation of allergies can not – the result will be unrepresentative.
How to make your life easier
To avoid contact with pollen is the best way to stop the torment, but he almost manorialism. The allergen is in the air, the wind carries it for hundreds of kilometers. But you can still follow some rules that will help you endure seasonal allergies.
1. The highest concentration of pollen in the air is observed during hot and dry days when the wind blows. At such times it is better to refrain from walking. In such days it is better not to break the window. Best of all, if the room is air conditioned with a filter at the output. But after the rain, when the pollen has settled – it’s time to aerate, and not afraid to take a walk.
2. If the air conditioner in the room, you can hang on the window soaked sheet or gauze in several layers.
3. Daily wet cleaning. We recommend the use of cleaners and humidifiers.
4. Take a shower as often as possible. Also if possible, rinse the mouth and rinse your nose.
5. If you still want to relax in nature, choose the region with water and a minimal concentration of the allergen.
6. In the period of exacerbation of allergies nose becomes sensitive to various stimuli, such as dust, cigarette smoke, the smell of household chemicals, temperature changes and humidity. Try to arrange your nose gentlest, most eliminating the irritants.
The most effective way to get rid of allergies – allergen-specific immunotherapy. The method is effective in 80% of cases, allows to increase the duration of remission to several years, prevents the development of complications, for example, the transition of allergic rhinitis into asthma. To be treated in the cold season, when there is no flowering. If you suffer from allergies in June, immunotherapy is best to start in the fall.
In the period of seasonal allergies are usually prescribed antihistamine and anti-inflammatory and vasoconstrictors. Antihistamines are recommended to be taken every day of the flowering period. It is better to choose the means of the last generations or third or second, as the first generation drugs are less effective and have a negative impact on the nervous system – can cause drowsiness, fatigue and distraction.
In the fight against allergies good and natural products. For example, anti-Allergy properties of fish oil . and drug Company “Amrita” based on the medicinal mushroom “Mipro-Vit” eliminates the symptoms of Allergy. Normalizing the immune system, “Mipro-Vit” solves the problem from the inside, helping the body to properly respond to negative factors.